Since opening its doors in 1934, Bearing Headquarters has sustained a competitive edge within an ongoing, ever-evolving industry. One aspect of Bearing Headquarters has never changed– its unwavering commitment to customer service. This independently owned, customer oriented manufacturer has and will continue to uphold the values of which it was originally founded.
Founded in 1934, Bearing Headquarters was originally known as the Ray M. Ring Company — a single- location bearing and power transmission distributor in Chicago, Illinois. With an initial investment of $500 and just one assistant, Founder Ray M. Ring and his successor Frank Timble steadily grew the company into a recognized leader in the distribution industry.
The Ray M. Ring Company changed its name the Bearing Headquarters to fully reflect the company’s extensive core offering of bearings and related items.
Over a 20-plus year period, Bearing Headquarters made a number of purchases to better supper its customer’s needs. Several machine, fabrication, specialty manufacturing and gear manufacturing shops were brought under the Bearing umbrella during this timeframe. The new shops proved to be a tremendous asset fueling the expansion of Bearing Headquarters’ service offerings. The shops have since been updated with modernized CNC equipment and cutting-edge laser measuring devices.
In 1974, Bearing Headquarters started a sister company, Bearing and Supply Headquarters, to support further product expansion. Headco Industries, Inc. was chartered to be the holding company for these two divisions of a growing company. Ultimately, a decision was made to be known only as Bearing Headquarters, a division of Headco Industries. The goal of this decision was to focus on and promote the sale of bearings and mechanical power transmission products such as chain belts and speed reducers.
Bearing Headquarters expanded once again in the mid-1990s with the purchase of a hydraulic repair shop know as Highland Hydraulics. The addition of this shop expanded Bearing Headquarters’ repair capabilities and hydraulic development abilities.
Today, Bearing Headquarters Company is one of the largest privately-owned distributors of bearings, mechanical power transmission parts and hydraulic components in North America.
As an industry leader with over 30 locations across the Midwest, a knowledgeable staff of experts, an extensive array of products and services and partnerships with leading suppliers, Bearing Headquarters is an invaluable resource for bearing and power transmission supplies.